Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Stalker

You know, I'm feeling less sorry for celebrities who are hounded by the paparazzi - because its REALLY EASY to follow them.

Especially if they tweet their every move.

Or even their every other move.

Which is how I ended up stalking Apolo Ohno today.

If you follow me on Twitter, you know I have developed just the teensy-ist of crushes on him. Let me reassure you, THIS IS NOT NORMAL. I can't think of another celebrity crush that I've had since I was about 16 years old.

So, no worries - I'm sure this will eventually subside.

Well, I'm pretty sure anyways.

If he'd stop telling me what he was doing every minute of the day!

Especially when he happens to be in my city!!

It started right as I was about to go to bed last night when he tweeted:






(I should probably confess that his tweets are sent straight to my cell phone - that probably isn't helping my obsession much huh?)


So, I freaked out. I tweeted a couple times. No one else was awake. So I freaked out alone. And then I finally settled down and went to sleep.


Five hours later - he tweets again:





His joke about the Olympic Village was in reference to the fact that we had crazy Londonesque fog going on here this morning.

But see how he told me just where to find him??

But it was WAAAAY too early for stalking - I have my limits. Plus, I had a doctor's appointment this morning.

So, I just turned on the radio - within minutes he was on the air. As soon as he signed off - here was his next tweet:




Now, at this point, I really had to restrain myself - I live about 2 miles from the WGN studios!!! But again, it was pretty early, and I needed to get dressed, so I turned on my TV and ran to take a quick shower.

As soon as I got out of the shower, he was on! And they mentioned the NAME of the school he was going to be speaking at - which was literally ON MY WAY to work. I took it as a sign.

Plus, I was egged on - see??


So, I drove by the school - there was a news van parked out front and I admit to lingering for a while.

But in the end, this is as close as I got:



And now he's gone. :(

Is there anyone in New York who wants to try to track him down for me??

2 comments:

  1. ROFL! I don't tweet and honestly I don't get why some people do want to share their every move but this was hysterical. Also, I love Chicago, my 2 youngest are from there. It is such an amazing city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you couldn't have at least gotten a glimpse...

    ReplyDelete