Saturday, March 6, 2010

My Day in Texts

So, one thing you should know about me is that I TEXT CONSTANTLY.

Like, over 100 texts a day.

I know. Problem.

Anyways, I find myself laughing at some of the conversations that I have with friends throughout my day. Here's a little glimpse into my debilitating inability to get dressed up to go out anymore:

The scene: My good friend Kass' birthday party - going out to a swanky restuarant and then the Kit Kat Lounge. This is not my typical saturday night. I'd been out for 3 hours looking for a shirt/dress to go over leggings - because if I can't wear jeans, leggings is the next best thing.

{Me} Srsly, I'm not sure I can come to your bday 2night.

{Kass} Why?

{Me} Cause I've been to 3 stores and can't find anything to wear. I've forgotten how to dress myself. U don't want to be seen w/me.

{Kass} U will be fine. I don't care what you wear.

{Me} Remember me during that couch/boyfriend convo?* That was almost just me in the dressing room at Target.

{Kass} Ok... Well, just remember its just one night - not the rest of ur life.

{Me} How did I used to dress to go out? I can't remember. Everything looks dumb.

{Kass} U need to be hospitalized.

{Me} Exactly. Will u come visit after going out tonight?

{Kass} Sure thing.

{Me} Thnx.

END SCENE

I eventually found something that didn't look horrid - at least I hope it doesn't. I'm supposed to be doing my hair right now... but I'm procrastinating on the couch. We'll see if I make it out of the house.

If I let anyone take my picture tonight, I'll try to post pics.

:D



* Awful conversation we once had when I couldn't pick out a new couch and this seguayed into why I can't find a boyfriend - something about commitment issues. Hysterical sobbing and laughing at the same time. Beginning of the pre-30th birthday meltdown.
**Please don't take offense to our dark humor - we are both social workers.

3 comments:

  1. i love texting, too. i have to have an unlimited plan or else things get crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unlimited plans are the only way to go! One day I'm actually going to look at my bill and see how many I use in an average month. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be embarressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someday you and I are going to have a "talk" about texting. ;)

    I finally made it. I'm really, really, slow sometimes. Glad you don't give up on me.

    ReplyDelete